We have been getting requests for repairs and maintenance of home alarm systems in the local area such as puyallup, egewood, milton, fife, federal way etc. I wanted to post a few quick tips about these.
1. Your main alarm system battery should be replaced every 3 years or so. They can last longer, but to keep them in good working order you will want a new one every few years. These batteries are rechargeable and available at our office ( in Edgewood) starting at $25.00
2. If your trouble light comes in you can usually check the trouble yourself. User manuals can be donwloaded online from various sites, or call us and we can walk you through most trouble conditions. The trouble light is usually a yellow or orange light on the keypad. We can be reached at 253-848-1924
3. You do not have to have monitoring for alarm systems. Many clients with home alarm systems choose not to have monitoring or use a 3rd party monitoring company. In these cases servicing alarms can be difficult. At ESI we can and do service alarm systems whether they are monitored or not. Please call us for servicing existing alarms, installing new, or adding to an a home alarm.
4. Most alarm systems can be factory reset in case of lost codes or failure of the system. If you have an existing alarm system in your home and do not know the codes or have access we can, in many cases, reset the panel to factory condition and reprogram from scratch. There are some alarms that have a “lockout” feature. This is a programming option that the original installer might have turned on. If this feature is on, then the alarm system cannot be reset. The system is still usable with current codes, or if needed, the main board can be replaced. This would salvage the rest of the home alarm system.
5. If you would like to upgrade your home alarm system many times it is just replacing the keypad and main panel. At ESI we work on a variety of alarm systems and can upgrade your system keypad and panel while salvaging the door contacts, motion sensors, smoke detectors, horns, etc. Please contact us to get more information at www.esilock.com
Keep in mind we service most of the Seattle-Tacoma area including, puyallup, edgewood, milton, fife, kent, federal way, algona, pacific, bonney lake, auburn, renton, bellevue and many other areas.